Bradenton Attic Inspections
Call Today for Service in Manatee County or Sarasota County
Many homeowners assume that if their ceilings don’t have any apparent signs of a leak and their roof doesn’t seem to be damaged, then all is well with the top portion of their house. What they fail to realize is that a lot can go wrong in the space between their roof and ceiling – the attic. Your attic is critical to your home’s energy efficiency, indoor air quality, and roof integrity. One simple call to our Bradenton attic inspection pros can give you peace of mind that there are no issues above your head.
What Is an Attic Inspection?
An attic inspection is an evaluation of the condition of the elements under a home’s roof, including the insulation, ventilation, and structure. Like other inspections, the purpose of this type of inspection is to locate any minor problems before they become major issues. After your inspection, you’ll have the information necessary to help eliminate mold, moisture, high energy bills, and poor air quality.
The main items that are addressed during an attic inspection include:
- Insulation – If your attic lacks proper insulation, it will cause your HVAC system to work harder, thus increasing the cost of energy bills.
- Ventilation – Poor ventilation will result in excess heat and condensation in your attic, which can cause major damage to your ceilings and roof.
- Leaks – If you have a leak coming from a pipe or your roof, it can result in water stains, rot, and mold.
- Pests – Critters in the attic can result in extensive structural damage, as well as present a health hazard through leaving their excrement.
- Exhaust ducts and vent stacks – Cracked rubber seals around roof vents can result in leaks and improperly insulated vent stacks can result in excess moisture that causes damage to ceilings.
Attic Inspections for Home Buyers
As you consider buying a home, you want to understand everything you can about the state it is in. Don’t forget to hire our experts for a professional attic inspection. Attics can tell you a lot about the history and condition of a house. An attic inspection can reveal serious problems that the current homeowner has failed to disclose or perhaps doesn’t even know about.
Issues that may be discovered during an attic inspection include:
- Defects in trusses or rafters
- Previous fire damage
- Damage caused by wood-destroying insects
- Inadequate attic insulation
- Water damage
- Chimney structural damage
Call Today for a Professional Attic Inspection
There are many benefits of hiring a company that provides air conditioning, heating, and electrical services to handle your attic inspection. First, we have a superior knowledge of ductwork and can spot any problems in the ducts running through your attic. Second, we’re in the business of making homes as comfortable and energy efficient as possible. If your home is improperly ventilated, we can effectively resolve this issue. Furthermore, as licensed electricians, we’re able to discern if there are any electrical issues in the wiring in your attic and can make any necessary repairs.